Save Lake Weir Board Members have met with Water Resources Liaison, Office of the County Engineer, Marion County. This resource provided information on various information and programs as follows:
- Rain sensors are available to Marion County residents at no cost. Residents can request one by contacting this office via email by clicking here or at the office contact direct line (352) 671-8672. After a request has been made, rain sensors can be picked up at the Office of the County Engineer located on 412 SE 25th Ave. Ocala, Fl 34471.
- Free irrigation audits can be scheduled through this office. These audits ensure over irrigation does not cause runoff to enter Lake Weir.
- Free Rain Barrel Workshops are periodically offered at the Head Quarters Ocala Public Library located at 2720 E Silver Springs Blvd, Ocala, FL 34470 on the dates found on the brochure. Interested participants MUST REGISTER prior to event day.
- Toilet Rebate Program – Marion County residents who own a single-family dwelling built before 1995 and businesses that are planning on replacing their existing high-flow toilets [3.5 gallons per flush (gpf) or greater] with a high efficiency toilet using 1.28 gpf or less or a WaterSense® labeled toilet can receive a rebate.
- Landscape and Irrigation Retrofit Grant Program Guidelines – Marion County’s Efficient Irrigation Rebate Program encourages eligible homeowners to improve their existing landscape and irrigation system and maximize outdoor water use efficiency. Typical landscapes use more water than necessary due to inefficient plant and irrigation system design and installation. These grants are available for homeowners on County water only.